Saturday 21 January 2012

I think I've had it.

I'm struggling to love football like I used to. The goings on at Blackburn Rovers (the club close to my heart) have tipped me over the edge. I'll not be buying a Season Ticket next season, regardless of league, manager, players or ownership. Venkys have run that club into the ground, costing the jobs of very notable and respected people in their fields. But the general problems in football have hit me like a brick today.

These players are earning ridiculous amounts of money (and that's LAST year)! These people are earning money per week that 99.9999% of the world's population will never see in a lifetime's work. £250,000 per week for kicking a ball into a net? For breaking peoples legs? For conning referees? For  spitting at players? For having an affair while the missus is pregnant? For fucking your brother's wife? For assaulting people outside McDonald's and sticking cigar's into people's eyes? For shooting interns? Why should I contribute to the living these tossers make, when they can't even act as role models? They are heroes for many! The one player I continue to admire is Zinedine Zidane, which makes me a hypocrite, but sod that!

Give that money to people who risk their own lives and/or save the lives of others: Members of HM Armed Forces, Doctors, Nurses, Surgeons, Paramedics, Firemen, Policemen. Better yet, donate half of it to worthy charities. What's £125,000 per week less going to mean to a man who 'earns' £250,000 a week??? He'd still take home about £80,000 a week (assuming after-tax figures, as I can't be arsed doing the maths).

These people can't even negotiate wage terms for themselves. No, they have to rely on slimy buggers to do it for them. These 'agents' then go and con money out of a club, which hard-working customers have paid to watch a sport on a weekend. Not only that, but the clubs WILLINGLY pay them this money!!!

No wonder the level of 'debt' clubs accrue is spiralling out of control. This money is being spent on ridiculous wages and even more ridiculous transfer fees. Chelsea paid Liverpool  £50 million to acquire Fernando Torres. Torres will 'earn' more than that amount over the length of his 5.5-year contract (which has 4.5 years left to run). The man will have cost over £100million to score (at the time of writing) 3 goals!!!! That is stupid. It is so fucking ridiculous, that even an epic face-palm will not cover it.

That money should remain in the hands of the people who REALLY earned it. Failing that, give it to those who deserve it (as mentioned above). Football used to be a working class sport. Now it's a worldwide business. I may love watching the game, but the sooner it collapses, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. I will allow comments that offer a different opinion. Any swearing considered too heavy will be moderated by myself or just hidden completely (ditto with SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!)

Happy reading, Happy commenting.